Parent Right-To-Know Letter
August 14, 2012
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Our school, Rural Special Elementary, receives federal funds for Title I, Part A programs.
Throughout the school year, we will be providing you with important information about this
law as it relates to your child’s education. This letter lets you know about your right to
request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom staff working
with your child. Our district or school will be able to provide you with the following
information regarding the qualifications of your child’s teacher(s):
1. Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the
grades and subjects he or she teaches.
2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of
3. Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and the field of discipline of the
teacher’s certification or degree.
If at any time your student has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a
teacher(s) that is not highly qualified, then you will be notified by the school.
You also have the right to request information regarding the qualifications of the
paraprofessional(s) assisting your child’s teacher(s). If your child is receiving Title I, Part
A services from a paraprofessional, then our district or school is able to provide you with
the following information:
1. Whether the paraprofessional has completed at least two years of study at an
institution of higher education.
2. Whether the paraprofessional has completed an associate’s degree (or higher).
3. Whether the paraprofessional has met a rigorous standard of quality through our
state’s certification procedure for determining the quality of paraprofessional staff.
4. Whether the paraprofessional has: (a) the knowledge of and ability to assist in
instructing reading, writing, and mathematics or (b) the knowledge of and the ability
to assist in learning activities, such as homework, reading readiness, writing,
mathematics, and other support as appropriate.
To request this information please contact your child’s school by phone at 870-363-4365 or
by e–mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any other questions regarding your child’s education, please do not
hesitate to contact us at Rural Special Elementary.
Rowdy Ross, Superintendent